Position Title: Development Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Director
ALWT Mission: The Arizona Land and Water Trust is a nonprofit organization committed to protecting southern Arizona’s vanishing western landscapes, its heritage of working farms and ranches, wildlife habitat and the water resources that sustain them.
Position Summary: The Development Coordinator is responsible for managing the Trust’s development program. The Coordinator manages the annual giving program, major donor program, foundation program and corporate giving program. The Coordinator staffs the Philanthropy Committee of the Board of Directors. The Coordinator provides substantial support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors with development work. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, and may supervise interns and volunteers.
- Manage the annual giving program, including membership recruitment and retention, and monthly giving.
- Manage the major donor program, including donor prospecting and screening, donor cultivation, and support to the Executive Director and volunteer leadership in soliciting gifts and thanking donors.
- Assist with capital campaigns including donor research and prospecting and providing support to the Executive Director, campaign chair and Board members.
- Manage the foundation giving program, including foundation research, proposal development, reporting and evaluation.
- Manage the corporate giving program, including research, proposal development, reporting and evaluation.
- Manage donor mailings including appeals, invitations to Trust events, and other communications as needed.
- Plan, execute and evaluate development events including house parties and field trips.
- Serve as liaison to the Philanthropy Committee of the Board of Directors. Assist the chair in developing agendas, creating and publishing minutes, and providing data and information to the committee as necessary.
- Provide substantial support to the Executive Director in major donor, foundation and corporation cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgement.
- Establish and maintain the development calendar to track and meet all development deadlines.
- Contribute newsletter articles and other promotional pieces as necessary.
- Assist in developing public funding proposals as necessary.
- Supervise volunteers and interns as appropriate.
- Four to five years experience in non-profit fund development work, including annual giving, major donor giving and foundation giving.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Familiarity with MatchMaker software and database management
- Ability to work well with senior executives and leadership volunteers.
- Donor research experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines with high quality products.
- Commitment to the mission of Arizona Land and Water Trust.
Arizona Land and Water Trust
3127 N. Cherry Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85719
The Development Coordinator is full-time, exempt, position (40 hours/week).
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Arizona Land and Water Trust is an EEOC employer.
Open Until Filled
The Arizona Land and Water Trust is an equal opportunity employer.